The browser you are using is not supported by this website. All versions of Internet Explorer are no longer supported, either by us or Microsoft (read more here:

Please use a modern browser to fully experience our website, such as the newest versions of Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari etc.

Education complaint process at the Faculty of Fine and Performing Arts

The Faculty of Fine and Performing arts has a Code of conduct that defines the approach we have towards one another, and what behaviour we should expect from eachother.

The Code of Conduct is a tool for dialogue in regards to the treatment of others within the faculty, and is used to aid the introduction of new colleagues and students. To know more, see Code of Conduct (new page)

All who work and study at the Faculty of Fine and Performing Arts:

•    follow the University’s core values.
•    treat one another with consideration and respect.
•    contribute to a positive and inclusive work and study environment.
•    show consideration for each other’s differences and opinions.
•    develop our shared organisation together.
•    report shortcomings and wrongdoing in the workplace and the study environment.
•    follow laws, ordinances, internal rules and policies.

If you, as a student, have complaints regarding education at basic and advanced level, you have the right to present them to us. Your views and critiques are an important part of the work to improve the faculty's operations and routines.
If you have been subjected to discrimination or harassment, you will find information on how to proceed with your case here. 

If you have been subjected to discrimination or harassment, you will find information on how to proceed with your case here: Harassment and sexual harassment

Complaints regarding education

Before you proceed with a complaint, you should find out what rules apply in various situations. Students’ Rights and guidelines at Lund University are described in the List of students’ rights. For example, the list describes what applies to:

•    the study environment
•    course syllabi and timetables        
•    exams and assessments
•    degree projects
•    course evaluation

Another important document governing education is the relevant course syllabus, which regulates course contents, learning activities and examination forms.

Education complaint process 

If you have a complaint concerning your education, start by getting in touch with the relevant lecturer/course director or with the programme director. You can also contact a student representative or the student union for support and guidance. For more information see below. In many cases the problem can be solved closest to where it arose.

If the matter can not be resolved by contacting the course/programme director, the complaint will be redirected within the organisation; primarily to the administration, director of studies and thereafter to the head of department. At Malmö Academy of Music, students also can contact programme coordinators and head of education. 

If the matter can not be resolved at the department level, you can send a written documentation to the dean responsible for first- and second-cycle education. The last instance for student’s complaints at Lund University is the university's vice chancellor, who handles cases which cannot be resolved at faculty level.

All student complaints which turn to cases, are to be registered at Lund University and will become official documents.

Support from Student Representative and Student Union 

At Lund University there is a Studentombud whom you can turn to for support and help. For more information visit Studentombud at Lund University. The Studentombud is not part of the University administration, but an independent party whose role is to support and guide student unions as well as students in their case.

You can also obtain support and advice from SKFM, the students’ union at the Faculty of Fine and Performing Arts. [Epost till SKFM tills dess att deras webbplats är på plats]

If you want to remain anonymous in your complaint, you can contact the Studentombud or the Student Union. 

Support from the Studentombud or the union does not require a membership in the Student Union.


Please note that the procedures described above do not cover the following matters:

•    cases dealing with discrimination or harassment. Where to turn for these issues -
•    complaints regarding physical study environment (kitchen, practice rooms etc.) should be directed to your school 
•    cases concerning Chapter 12 of the Higher Education Ordinance: assessment of qualifications and admission,      approved leave from studies, deferred entry, credit transfer of previous studies, requests for exemption from study components and applications for degree certificates. If the decision on such matters goes against the applicant, he or she can apply to the Higher Education Appeals Board. Information on how to do this is to be attached to the decisions.
•    disciplinary matters, that are to be processed by the vice-chancellor/disciplinary board.
•    changes to grading decisions. A decision on a correction is to be made by the examiner.


Cecilia Hultman
Education Coordinator
E-mail: cecilia [dot] hultman [at] kanslik [dot] lu [dot] se (cecilia[dot]hultman[at]kanslik[dot]lu[dot]se)

Staffan Storm
E-mail: staffan [dot] storm [at] mhm [dot] lu [dot] se (staffan[dot]storm[at]mhm[dot]lu[dot]se)