Mission and strategies
Our overall mission is to educate professional artists, conduct artistic research and make the knowledge formation avaliable to the society.
The faculty must also:
- Develop the strength of belonging to a full-scale university and ensure that artistic knowledge formation is strengthened and developed through qualified collaborations with the university's other areas of knowledge and in interaction with the surrounding society.
- Give artists affiliated with Lund University a chance to develop special skills by opening up other areas of collaboration than the artistic industries can normally provide.
- Contribute to an understanding of the complexity of societal challenges, be a reflective spaces for - and give hope for - possible sustainable futures.
Strategic plan 2018-2023
Our strategic plan is common to all three institutions and the Inter Arts Center. It explains our aim and connects to Lund University Strategic Plan 2017-2026. However, the institutions each have their own action plans that focus on specific development needs.
The faculty has chosen to focus on five of the six priority areas in the university's strategic plan:
- Education and research must be intertwined
- Active collaborations are stimulated to solve societal challenges
- The development as an international university continues
- Well-developed leadership and employeeship are success factors
- Students, staff and visitors are offered attractive environments